Friday, May 11, 2007

Practically Perfect in Every Way

I have to go where today, Mommy?


On Thursday, May 10th, Abby went for her two week check-up with Dr. Worley and received great news. She is doing very well. She is still a little jaundiced, but the good doctor says that is normal and even desired. Apparently, this is what makes her look like she has a better tan than Mommy. NO MORE BLOOD TESTS!!!
She is still 21 inches long and has a 13 1/2 inch noggin. The doctor was really impressed with her weight. He only expected her to be back to her birth weight of 8.6 lbs. from the 7.11 lbs. she was when she left the hospital. She took this assignment and did some extra credit work to boot. She weighs 8.12 lbs., making a total weight gain of one pound in two weeks. Not too shabby! We get to space meals out to three to four hours during the day and allow her to sleep as long as she wants to during the night. I think she slept through this news. She was still up every three hours to eat, but she goes right back to sleep. She is in the 50th percentile in in height and weight! Good news any way you look at it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! That's great news!
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, you two. I am so happy to hear that she's doing well, since Mom had mentioned the juandice. And Abby, you have a very well put-together blog—at least, from an English major perspective :D . I'm also very glad to hear that mommy and daddy are doing well...though, yes, I know, it has been a ridiculously long amount of time (you can smack me the next time you see me...hard).

Right now...tomorrow will be week 13 for Charissa...and the only thing we know about the baby is that he/she has my lips and likes to stand on her/his head. We are currently living in two different states...which is a pain when you're pregnant...but that will be changing soon. Our website should be in the signature below...and Charissa's myspace is myspace.com/charissaupchurch (I cannot bring myself to do it :) ). Talk again soon.

Anonymous said...

Okay...it linked my name to the page...oops.

Quad Squad! said...

I'm so glad to hear that Abby is doing so well! Keep up the good work!