Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Faithfulness of a Child

I know that parents are suppose to teach their kids, but many times I find myself learning from the girls. Yesterday, Tiffany and Ben came for a visit, and we ended up at McDonalds. This particular McD's has an awesome outdoor playground. Now, allow me to digress. Abby has a little fear of heights. It makes her very nervous to be up high, especially when she can see the ground below her. It just so happens that this playground has a lot of such places where one can see the ground. After going through the "treehouse" once with Josie and me, she went through again with Ben! She then decided she wanted to go through once more. Ben was not interested. Abby looked at me and said, "I"m going." I said, "Okay, but I can't come get you this time." (Looking back, I realize I was trying to talk her out of it. I'm glad she's stubborn.) She did great until the long bridge in which she can see everything. She started to get nervous. Then, she started saying, "I am not afraid. I am always brave. God will take care of me," over and over until she was across. It made me very proud of her that she not only made it across but that she knew she could depend on God to help her. Later, I was thinking about the "treehouse." I realized that she did exactly what I often forget to do.... rely on God. Life may be busy and tiring. Life may not always go exactly how we want, but Abby is right. . . "God will take care of me." Thank you for the reminder, sweet girl!

My guru :D

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a precious story!! Isn't it humbling sometimes just how much more faith our kids seem to have than we do? Speaking of myself, of course. We learn so much from our kids!!