Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Welcome to Abigail Louise

This the blog everyone has been waiting for. We welcomed Abigail Louise on Sunday, April 22nd at 7:41 am. It was a huge surprise that she came when she did. We went out to eat with Steve's parents for lunch on Saturday and came home to finish our afternoon projects. (Steve was staining the deck with his dad, and I was napping.) I did not feel right when I woke, so I called the doctor as every paranoid pregnant woman would. She said to just, "Come on in and get checked." We quietly slipped off to the hospital fully expecting to be back home that evening. We were checked in to triage at five with no excitement. They were going to "check me" with the monitors. Turns out, I was going into labor. I was sent for a walk to see what progress I could make on my own without having to be admitted offically.... "just to see." I started contracting pretty hard while on the walk and by the time we returned, we were declared offically in true labor and the fun began. We still had not told anyone that what was going on. (Something we may never live down.) There was a "quick" admissions thing to do. I thought I was going to have the baby before the computer info was entered. Within two hours, we were far enough along to consider an epidural. When my water broke, it was more than a consideration. We started calling people. By one in the morning, we were told "baby anytime now." These were the famous last words. I spent the next six hours waiting on one centimeter. I am sure there is a good joke/antecdote/metaphor here, but I'm really tired. We then got the go ahead to push. After one hour and ten minutes of pushing, Abby made her entrance. She was 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 21 inches long with blonde hair and blue eyes. We were thrilled!!! She is perfect (just see for yourself in the pictures below.) We were sent home from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Abby continues to do great! She has a little jaundice that the doctor is monitoring.

Thank you for all your prayers and love. We can't tell you how much it means to us. Come by and meet her soon.



Abby loves to stick out her tongue.
We'll deal with this later. It's just too cute now.

Daddy and Abby share plans to nap later.

Mommy and Abby share plans to eat later.

No, Emperor Palpatene (sp?) did not come to visit us.
This is Daddy trying to catch some zzz's before Abby made her enterance.

Abby meets Mamaw.


Grandma kinda likes Abby.

Grandpa Larry was wrapped around that finger from the get-go.

We will post more pictures soon. It is feeding time right now and someone is demanding attention. Hmmmm... wonder who?!?








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of Abigail's life. We look forward to watching her grow and win all the heart's and lives that she touches. Let her know that Nanna Debbie & Uncle Poppie love her so very much. Hugs and Kisses to all

Quad Squad! said...

Kathy was right! She IS beautiful! I can't wait to see her in person!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world, Abby! You are such a beautiful little sweetheart! Just try to let your parents get a little sleep in the next few weeks, ok?