Thursday, June 28, 2007

Abby's Room

I thought I would share a few pictures of Abby's nursery even though there is a few finishing touches I would like to add. It's my favorite room. Abby likes hanging out in there, too. She likes to listen to music and look at the stuffed animals. Grandpa Larry and Daddy did the painting. It is perfect.


Here is a before shot. This is what the room looked like
when we moved in.

Here is that same wall post remake.
(Eat your heart out, Trading Spaces makeovers.)


This is the rocker that Auntie Carmen sent us.
Abby and I have spent a lot of time here,
especially at four in the morning.

Our good friend, Treca, made this for us.
It goes perfectly in the room.

Here is Abby's bed. It is presently being used as her
changing table. Don't worry! I'll move the stuffed
animals when she actually sleeps in the bed.

She has plenty to look at while I clean her up.

Don't worry! We do have a place for her to sleep.
The pack and play is at the foot of our bed.

Here is the part I still need to work on. Please
don't let the empty hangers fool you. . .

She has plenty to wear. Actually, we have
at least one outfit for her until she is in 24 months
size. Notice the stash of blankets and diapers.
She even has a collection of cute shoes, as
any girl should have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys,

We're finding out on Monday if we're having a boy or a girl, and we are definitely psyched :). Also, Mom is back home now; however, she is still having some difficulties adjusting. Keep her in your prayers.

In any case, Charissa and I are praying that everything is well with all three of you today (we just got back from swimming, this being my first day back living in TN--I'll be working from home for awhile for www.answersingenesis.org).

And, Abby, the headband is definitely the way to go.

John U.

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have looked at your blog. Let me say as someone who has done my share of painting, decorating, building, remodeling and such that your nursery is awesome! I mean that was incredible. I Hope Allison doesn't see it or I will have a new project! By the way, nice looking kid too!

-jim harris-

Bridgette said...

I'm impressed with your nursery...I also thought HGTV could learn a few things from my decorating skills!!

Thanks for all your words of encouragement....

-BB