Sunday, March 23, 2008

3-22

I don't usually put stuff about me on here; it is Abby's blog after all. However, I wanted to let everyone know about how popular this day is to our family. It was on March 22nd that Steve asked me to meet him for dinner. I agreed. He had been a friend since high school when we sat next to each other in band, and we had been a few times before but nothing serious came of it then. We went to Pizza Inn and were planning to just have a quick dinner, catch up, and go hang out with our friends (separately). We talked for three hours, and the rest is history. It has been 6 years since that night. I am the luckiest lady around to have such a fun and caring husband who supports me in whatever I want to do.

Our wedding day in 2003
(Believe it or not we planned the whole shin-dig
in about two weeks!

Also on that same night, I welcomed Phoebe into the world. In fact, I was meeting up with Aimee at my mom's house to meet the new kittens after Pizza Inn. (She had fallen asleep on the recliner by the time I got there.) So, Happy Birthday, Phoebe. You don't look at day over 30. :)

This is Phoebs about 3 years and 5 pounds ago,
but it's my favorite picture of her.
She's actually just yawning here...
she's too lazy to be mean.

This year we get to celebrate another event. Abby is... and I sigh as I write this... 11 months old today. WOW. I really can't believe that she will be a year old next month. She is so independent lately. She is learning to drink through a straw since sippy cups do not seem to amuse her at all. She is feeding herself (well, some of the time). She gets upset if you try to feed her without something she can help with, such as cheese or Cheerios. She is having so much fun learning all these new things. I can't wait for the weather to be consistently warmer so we can play outside more! She's going to love it.

Our little funny bunny exploring the great outdoors.


We celebrated this special day by going to Uncle Tom's house to fly a kite!! The wind really was probably too wild for it, but we still had a lot of fun!!!

Abby walked all over Uncle Tom's yard with Ethan
and Daddy's help.

Mathew did a great job chasing the kite
and getting it to fly again when it came
down.

Aleigh and Abby played many fun games.


Abby even got to meet Dale, Darky, and Leandra.
They are Ethan, Aleigh, and Mathew's baby chicks.
They are getting so big that they will be moving out
this next week.

No comments: