Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beach Bummin'

As I write, Abby is in her crib snoring. Bless her heart, she has had quite the adventure the past three days. We left out early Friday morning with Grammy and Gramps, picked up Granny Stone in Bristol, and made it to Archdale, NC in time for her afternoon nap (which never happened BTW). The next day, we loaded up the van again and completed our journey to Holden Beach. Today, we introduced Abby to the ocean. She LOVES it. Her favorite is the waves. I am pretty tired, but wanted to share a couple of quick pictures of her big adventure thus far to save you from a massive post later.

First night in a hotel. Here, she and Daddy make sure
we brought the memory card.


Believe it or not, First bath in a big tub.
She thought this was pretty cool. I think she wanted to
swim laps.
(I still use her infant tub since we don't have
treads in our bathtub yet.)


Happy 2nd Birthday, Megan! We celebrated with
cake and pizza on first night at the beach!

Ready for some fun in the sun.
She loved the sand!

She loves the beach!

Building a sandcastle. (too bad she tore it down before
it was completed.)

"Bye, Mommy... We're going to catch some waves."


Searching for shells during low tide. . . .


With Megan and Lauren.


She was so happy to have found the wading
pools! She really didn't want to get up.




1 comment:

Tiff said...

She's adorable! I can't wait until we can take Ben sometime. Don't tell Steve, but he is WHITE! (haha, a pun) But look who's talking. I'm so light I glow in the dark. Have fun! I can't wait to see more...