Monday, November 10, 2008

HalloWEEK

Although we had been in Arden for a week, Abby and I spent most of that week going back and forth across the mountain. She had her 18 month check-up on Monday the 27th. She was given a good bill of health. She, as always, is tall and skinny. She weighs 24 lbs 10 oz and is 34.5 inches long. She received two shots and three stickers. She was really great during the appointment. She kept the doctor busy chasing her around the room.

Abby has found many new hangouts at the apartment.


Later that week, I went to the New Kids concert in Atlanta with Aunt TeeTee, so Abby spent the night with Grammy and Gramps. She was excited to stay with them and get the opportunity to sleep in her bed. (We had not moved our furniture yet.) This kicked off what we refer to as Angie-palooza since my 30th birthday was coming up. I had a blast re-living my teen years with my teen crushes and my best friend. Although we didn't get back until 5 am, I was excited to hear the "Momma. Momma. Momma." the next morning. I got big hugs that were returned tenfold. After a quick nap (thanks Tiff!) and lunch with Gramps, we headed back to see Daddy in Asheville.

A fun traffic sign at the concert venue. We were nerds who
obeyed the "no cameras" rule. We were kicking ourselves
when they didn't even check and everyone was taking pictures
right and left.

On Friday, we again headed across the mountain so that she could trick or treat with people she (and we) knows. She was a fairy this year. (Yes, the wings are from last year's butterfly costume, but she loved them when I put them on her. We decided to reuse them.) Thank you, Lauren and Megan for the dress! We were able to visit the Raines (our neighbors), Grammy and Gramps, and Uncle Tom. Unfortunately, the night was wearing thin and we didn't get any pictures with Uncle Tom and the kids.

We love this picture. Notice how she
is on her tip toes. :)


Our little fairy heading out for the goods.


And she got 'em.


Grammy had a special treat bag for her.
She didn't waste any time digging in.


She even got some dinner from Grammy
and Gramps.


We made it to Gladys's house next door
to see the dolls in her living room.


"Whew.. this trick or treating stuff is tiring."
Here, she takes a break in Gramp's recliner!

***I am sorry I didn't get pictures out like last year. Now that things are calming down, hopefully I will get some out soon. ***

It was a crazy week and things were just getting started. We might not have gotten any pictures from Halloween night at Uncle Tom's, but we made up for it the next day when we had a Puckett birthday breakfast. I will post pictures from that adventure soon.


1 comment:

Quad Squad! said...

What a cutie! And may I point out that Abby weighs more than Jonathan! My tiny tot!