Thursday, September 13, 2007

Typical Day

I'm so sorry I haven't posted since Labor Day. It has been pretty crazy around here. Abby is changing so much that I find it hard to keep up. Steve is back to work, and things are getting back to normal. We actually kind of have Abby on a schedule, or rather she has us on a schedule. I thought I'd share it with you as a way of catching you up to speed on things in our White House (get it?!?). Sorry, I don't get out much.

Our usual day:

6:30ish a.m. (sometimes this could be postponed to 8 if it was a hard night)
Wake up! Abby has been in her own bed now since the night I posted that I was going to have to put her there. She woke up three or four times in her pack and play, so I took her to the nursery to rock her. While there I looked over and there was a heavenly glow around the bed. I like to think that God was giving me a sign. (Actually, it was her crib turtle that Uncle Jared and Aunt Chris got her. It has a nightlight on it that I turn on so I don't have to turn anything bright.) I put her down, and she stayed there until the morning. I didn't cry or anything.

This is how I usually find her. Her turtle is on the right.
They have many staring contests. He also plays music!


8-8:30 a.m.
First Nap! She will go back to sleep for an hour to an hour and a half. This nap usually takes place in our bed. I sometimes join her or use the time to read/surf the net. (Don't worry, I don't leave her alone when she's napping in our bed.)
She's quite the bed hog!


10 a.m.
Abby wakes up to eat again and start the day. I get her dressed for the day's activities and we get a little playtime.
She has discovered her feet and loves to play with them.
Reagan helped her figure out that it is a lot more fun
without socks!


11 p.m.-2 p.m.
We sometimes get to get our for lunch. We have a standing lunch date with Grandpa on Thursdays at the Cookhouse. We also try to eat lunch with Aunt Tiffany, my best friend who is about to have a baby boy, at least once a week. Abby usually takes a quick ciesta during lunch. She'll want lunch usually between 12:30 and 1:30.
This past Monday we had a play date with our favorite
quads. Left to right: Jonathon, Zachary, Reagan,
and Thomas.

While the quads dined, Abby checked out their jumpers.

Jonathan gave Abby pointers on sitting up!

Reagan brought her toys to play with.

Zachary wanted to play, too!

Miss Allison and Jonathon helped with the dreaded
tummy time.


(I don't have a good one of Thomas because he was jumping the whole time and all the pictures look blurry. Sorry, Thomas! We had fun watching you play.)


3 p.m.
Big Nap! By this time of day, she's pretty tired. She'll sleep for a little over an hour before she starts to stir.
Such a tough life.

5 p.m.
Cereal time! She loves her cereal, but I think she loves her bib more. Maybe she's trying to clean it off for me... who knows?!? Daddy usually gets home in time for her cereal and she loves to smile at him with food from her eyeballs to her chin.

Bib... yum. (Note the foot, again.)


6-8 p.m.
After Abby is fed and and cleaned up, the adults get to eat. She loves to watch us. We think she is making plans for when she gets to eat "real" food. Once dinner is cleaned, she plays with Daddy, usually showing him her new tricks in the jumperoo. Grandma and Grandpa often come by for a visit. Abby gets a bath a puts on her "jam jams."
Jumperoo!

8-9 p.m.
Winding Down. She plays quietly, sits with Grandma and Grandpa, snuggles with Mommy and Daddy, etc.
She is smiles all day long!


9 p.m.
Bedtime. We read a book, usually "Guess How Much I Love You," which she loves to chew on. Say our prayers and go to bed. By 9:30, she is out for the night. I'll try to get a picture for this one. I coudn't find one that was recent and would fit here.


*****All times and activities are subject to change without notice according to the mood of the baby and/or the plans of the mommy.*****

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She'll be going to college before you know it. Me, I'm just praying that Kaelan is so good natured ... and funny. We finished our child birth classes, and now we're just waiting for the "big day" (and the showers!!!!!) We finished the painting on her nursery, but the letters of her name fell off the wall :( I think Charissa has some pics on her MySpace page, and I KNOW that she is definitely ready for Kaelan to be on the outside.

Oh ... and I know have a Wii—for entertaining Kaelan, of course. LOL!

Praying that everything is well with you both.

John
upchurch80@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Also ... I have very bad early-morning-blog-comment grammar.

Anonymous said...

How fun that you can add videos to this thing! That "Jumparoo" is the bomb. Grandma and Grandpa did good! I love the disclosure statement at the bottom about the schedule being subject to change. You are too funny. So glad to see new pictures. She is getting so big! I guess this'll be the only time it'll be okay to say that a girl is getting big. She is precious, and we love you guys!

Quad Squad! said...

Sounds like fun times all day long! Come play with us again soon!

Bridgette said...

I stole your idea! I hope you don't mind:)